Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Step Challenge

My job is having a month long 10,000 step challenge... starting on Monday.. and there will be prizes.


they bought us cheap pedometers, I gave mine to Liv because I love my fit bit. So basically we track our steps and there will be agency level prizes amongst my 12 co-workers and then county level winners. I already do pretty well. I average about 7,000 steps and 3 miles per day. I am excited and hoping this gives me a renewed sense of competition and finding my mojo again.


full disclosure- I have my lazy days to where I am lucky to get over 4,000 steps

also I am going on a business trip in a few weeks ( so sad about leaving Liv, but also excited for the training ) and to kick off the anniversary of community action they are having a 10 k ( 6 miles) walk/run.  My boss really wants me to do it with her so she is not walking alone... I was feeling a little overwhelmed by the 6 miles... but I just heard today that they dropped it to a super 5 k, 4 miles...so that should be a little easier.

am I the only one who feels uncomfortable in unfamiliar situations and locations?  we will be walking on a long narrow bike path and for some reason the thought stresses me mildly... specifically not being able to see my end destination. Ever since I got lost with Liv snow shoeing... I like knowing where I am going... but I will be with a large group of walkers & runners and I can do this. I am not going to let fear keep me from a goal.. I have been wanting to do a 5 k for a long time.

1 comment:

  1. It's so cool when companies do that kind of thing. We have a couple of different things going on. This month, they're having a raffle for folks who park in the farthest row of the parking lot and another one for people who climb the stairs to the 6th floor (you enter each time you get to the top). They draw winners each week and it's been fun to see all of the "traffic" on the stairs.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment