Thursday, September 20, 2012

Frumpy


John complains that I go from Fab to Frumpy as soon as I get home from work. The first thing I do is change, remove my jewelry and put my hair up. Coming from a guy who never dresses in more than a T shirt & shorts, I can't see why he is suddenly Mr. What not to wear. I like to be comfortable as I go about my after work routine of cleaning,cooking and just relaxing. I often wear constricting pencil skirts, spanx like undergarments and heels. I am not always comfortable in my business wear.. or it starts bothering me at the end of the day. I don't think john gets this. John has never had a job requiring him to dress up... he has not touched an iron in years. I am not going to cook & clean in my expensive clothing. I countered that if he had a white collar job and dressed in a suit & tie, the first thing he would do is remove that tie & roll up his sleeves & untuck his shirt. What I am doing is no different.

The truth is... if I was a stay at home Mom.. I would dress this way all the time.  I love yoga/relaxing clothing. When I was a stay at home Mom I lived in yoga wear/velour hoodie sets. John keeps ragging on me about this.. I said " what do you want... me to serve you dinner in my skirt & heels?" and basically that is it. I think he is upset that I am looking all good for work/court but look frumpy for him. He probably gets to see me for 5-10 min each morning looking put together and then the remainder of the evening and for the majority of my time with him.. I look frumpy.

But If I am about to stay dressed up for him, he better shape up the way he dresses to impress me.

any thoughts?


3 comments:

  1. You hit the nail on the head - if he wants to "dine" in fancy clothes, then he needs to break out the starched collars and ties! By the way, I think your outfit in the picture is really cute! It's not gym shorts and a t-shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell him to take you out on a date night - you'll get dressed up then.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment