Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Stink, Stank, Stunk

There is no delicate way to put this.. after a day of play....my daughter reeks. Something in her body chemistry changed recently and instead of just smelling like a dirty sweaty kid.. she smells like the entire football team. After her first day of school  today I leaned in for a hug and was nearly knocked out by the stench. First off she is more active than your average 7 year old... moving more than not. She vibrates with energy constantly.  She is also a naturally sweaty kid.. sweats in her sleep and is always warm.


It was a hot day today, No AC in her school, and a gym day. She bathes nightly now.. she has to. Thank Goodness that she is more self sufficient in the bathing dept only needing help with her hair.  She is more hygiene savvy these days.We have a history of baths being a issue with Liv and she still fusses now & then, but nothing like in the past. Obviously I don't want to add deodorant to the mix just yet... but goodness... she seems so young to be smelling like that already. She also has a little problem in rushing through her #2 wiping. We are working on this. Rushing is just how she functions and getting her to s l o w down is a challenge... so it is no wonder really that she is extra stinky/sweaty at the end of her school day.

a few weeks ago she had her bath early and I allowed her to play outside for 20 min afterwards and just in 20 min of horsing around in the backyard she smelled so stinky.

I was not sure if you had any ideas or insight ...

7 comments:

  1. I second baby powder. Perhaps her medication is contributing to the stink? Perhaps she needs a morning bath or shower?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somewhere in the back of my mind I think that body odor can sometimes be related to kidney issues. If she is still having toileting issues you might run this past her doctor.

    You can buy lavender scented baby powder, given her busy nature I wonder if a little aroma therapy might offer a tiny bit of help. I also buy my daughter Sweet Honesty scented powder, I think it is a sweet little girl scent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks... I will mention this to her ped at her upcoming check up

    I love the smell of sweet honesty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ask her dr. If its a new thing it may be a sign of early puberty. In the meantime you can try baby powder or an unscented deodorant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a newer stink.. but it has also been one of the hottest summers ever...and is outdoors all day at summer camp.... so perhaps this is all normal. My gut tells me that its nothing to be concerned about and once her toileting hygiene improves so will the smell.


    ReplyDelete
  6. It's her feet.. lol... finally tracked down the source of the smell.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment