Tuesday, August 21, 2012

I don't get it!

There seems to be an anti-fitness thing going around social media/FB... what is with that? so some can post political views, religious quotes, silly pics of animals,hobby's,and vent about being hung over and show off a pedicure... but I share a victorious post on completing the c25k or a run that I am proud of and I am wrong?? Really !!!! whats the difference exactly?... is that not what social media is all about? to share a little part of ourselves... to be a little boastful. I do not post to rub anything in any one's face... sure I get jealous from time to time of other friends figures, fiances or whatever..but mostly I am "good for them".. I believe you get what you give... Karma.

I asked my Facebook fitness friends group members if they were getting the same vibe and the general consensus was yes and what a shame. I hope that people reading this blog will simply appreciate the effort  that was involved in whatever I post, and carry on. If you leave here inspired or motivated then that's all the better. Most of you followed me over from my old blog and I understand this may be a new transition and you may choose to not continue reading as one reader did as soon as I posted something controversial.. "The Tarot". I know many of you are invested in Liv and care about her, and for that I am grateful. I know that you want to know how she is doing, but a small part of me feels that some come to mostly hear about the trials. If people simply wanted to see her... than the traffic on her other public picture blog would be high. I have nothing to base that one other than a gut feeling. Blogging over there did not feel right anymore.I needed to move on. I don't feel like sharing the trials publicly anymore. I am just can't do it anymore.. I feel like a broken record.

Maybe this blog is not your cup of tea. That is ok with me...really it is. I felt that some may have come over begrudgingly... " well if your closing shop at leap of faith... I guess I would like a invitation to the other blog"... Lol.. twist my arm. This is only a small portion of my life, my goals, my interests and yes its a little superficial.....but i have earned it and It feels good for an hour a day... just focus on me..and that is what this blog is all about... a very small focused piece of the puzzle. I can't say that I will never blog about Liv on this blog... because this is all so new and I am not sure if the need to blog about her will return.


If you just want to keep tabs on Liv and find out how she is doing, friend me on Facebook ( link is in sidebar) and message me.. I will be happy to give you a update.

Thanks for reading

7 comments:

  1. Gosh Lauri, that is sad. First, you started the "Tarot" post with a 'warning'. Second what is up with people not supporting one another. I think those kinds of comments you receive are more about the other person than you - but I'm sure it's not pleasant. Maybe I can be more honest with myself than others can. I am not fit but know the hard hard work and dedication it takes to work on ones body. It's one part of us, but may be one of the hardest parts to work on. So YOU GO LAURI!!! Keep it up!! And with or without doing that you are a beautiful woman. Your heart intention is what makes you more beautiful inside and that makes you glow on the outside. I am your silent cheerleader (well not so silent today = )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauri,
    I'm sorry that you have had negative reactions to things like Tarot cards and fitness accomplishments - that's just kind of crazy! Jeesh, they can get their own blog or ignore FB posts if it bothers them that much!! I don't know about others, but I don't visit just to relish in the bad things. I have loved reading the good and bad, and having a son born in Novokuznetsk myself, I feel a little bit of kinship there. I feel like your honesty has let me see your world and family enough that I would like to keep up with you, good and bad. I think your honesty and your writing can be compelling. I say, keep it up! And don't let the haters get you down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love ALL your posts- I will add you to my FB- that's the way I keep up with everyone in my life anyway-lol. I thought the Tarot entry was quite interesting actually, and if I'd had more time, I would have written to you privately about it. Anyway, I'm Janet on FB- see you there (and here!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always enjoyed your blog because you are a thoughtful person living an interesting, examined life, and you write really well! -Your posts often make me contemplate things that are happening in my own life.

    I am sorry that some people are dissing you re: your fitness goals and achievements. That's just wrong. I think maybe there has been a sea change in attitudes, because I have also been quietly losing weight and walking every day for several months now, and I feel awkward talking about it to anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Janet-

    I will be happy to have you as a FB friend.. see ya there.Thanks for the support & sweet feedback about my blog.

    WhisperFair-

    Good job with your walking & healthy changes.... it's sad that you should have to feel awkward.. but I get it.. I am choosy about who I share my goals with irl. Thanks for the compliment & support.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are just jealous. I saw the sarcastic one about...'what makesyou think I want to hear about your fitness acheivement today' in so many words this week on FB.

    It's just rudeness and jealousy I tell ya. Keep it up you are inspiring me to get somehting going in my physical life!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment