Sunday, September 16, 2012

What would you do!

I am throwing a Family Halloween Party-if everyone comes there will be roughly 11-12 kids present.. ages 1  to 12 years old.  Plus all the adults. Liv has a huge bedroom.. it is the room that was intended to be the master bedroom. We live in a bungalow so the whole upstairs is one big room. She has many, many things in that room, a desk full of art supplies, baskets of squinkies, pets, people, barbie stuff, games... etc...drawers of glitter, glue, etc.

I was considering restricting access to this room during the party,  because I don't for-see any adults supervising. Just because at Family party's that is what we do... just let the kids do their own things. My fear is that if we allow all the kids upstairs that the younger kids will get into everything. I am trying to save myself the headache of having to clean it all up.. in a perfect world the parents would ensure that the kids clean up before leaving and supervise.. but lets get real.. that does not always happen. I don't want to be babysitting and breaking up fights up there. I want to enjoy the party too. I can already see Liv freaking out over her little cousins getting into her stuff. She is just as anal as her Mama.

John feels we should just put up all the baskets of stuff... in my opinion that is too much  work I don't have anywhere to put the stuff since turning her closet into a reading nook.  If we allow the kids upstairs that frees up more space for the adults downstairs... our home is small. My plan is to have a craft table set up downstairs for coloring & crafts, and a few baskets of blocks & toys for the younger kids in the family room. I am hoping to keep the older ones entertained with crafts & games.

Any ideas?



8 comments:

  1. Is there a teenager you could pay to watch over the kids?

    ~Janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. good idea.. we do have a few teen babysitters.. maybe she would be interested in supervising them & making sure they don't get too crazy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think J has a great idea. I would also put up anything that is going to create a hard to clean up mess ( glue, glitter etc)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, I don't think there is anyway to not have the kids go up into the room. I would hire a teen to watch them, entertain them, and put away the glitter and stuff that you don't want them to play with. When you have that many kids it is unrealistic to have them not play in her room. Just my two cents...

    ReplyDelete
  5. so far no takers on the babysitting plan... lol.. maybe it's too daunting

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh feet can smell horrible. It is hard to imagine that such cute kiddos can stink so much.

    I make sachets for my running/walking shoes. I put some baking soda and some lavender scented powder in a coffee filter, secure it with a rubber band and slip them into my shoes when I am not wearing them. It really helps absorb the smell.

    Some kids need to change shocks mid day, is that possible?

    You might want to make sure she is washing between here toes when she bathes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oops, wrong reply under the wrong post lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment