Monday, January 7, 2013

My Ten Truths

1) I have committed to working out 5 days a week..when I begin working full time I may scale this back to three days a week...a maintenance schedule if you will. I will have to see how working 10 extra hours adds to my schedule. I always do something.. even if I am dead dog tired.. I just get going and commit to 30 min minimum.

2) I indulge so I never feel deprived.... a small slice of pie, a handful of fries or chips, a few fun size treats...no food is bad or good.. there is just food I eat more of and the stuff I eat sparingly.

3) I invest in workout clothes- clothing that makes me want to exercise. Clothing that hugs my body and shows my progress.

4) I reward myself once a month.... If I worked out 5 days a week for 4 weeks, I buy myself something I have been wanting. This keeps me working out when my motivation wanes. This was a very important step when I just started out and before exercise became a habit.

5) I count my calories on My Fitness Pal Monday through Friday. I am very honest in my counting and this helps keep me on track.

6) I take a break from exercise & calorie counting on weekends... I try to unplug from documenting and just enjoy my Family.

7) I document my journey weekly. I blog about my goals, my progress, my pictures and put it all out there. This helps keep me honest and you all reading help to keep me accountable.

8) I plan ahead.. I pack healthy lunches/healthy snacks.

9) I choose healthy food choices 90% of the time.

10) I have bad days... months when the weight was not budging, when all my healthy choices seemingly made no difference. When I felt so sluggish and tired from my hypothyroid symptoms. I had days I felt sorry for myself and wondered if I would ever reach my goal? I wanted to give up, to stop, to quit. Those days still happen.. I take it one day at a time.. one positive choice at a time and here I am eight months later... still at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment