Thursday, January 10, 2013

work it

There is a rare Advocate job opening that I have applied for and hoping to accept within a few weeks. It's with the City/Police, full time, benefits and in my field but a whole different position.This is exactly what I have been hoping/praying and asking the universe for. It would be challenging and perfect really... I'm scared.. but its a good scared. The scary question is do I really want to be changing jobs and starting over at 45???? yes, yes yes. Yes its scary & bittersweet leaving my comfort zone, but I know I can do this.

I want this so bad I can taste it.

The pros-

full medical benefits ( can I get a Amen for that?) 4 miles away from home round trip versus the 32 miles of my current job more money working for the city instead of a non- profit unsteady grant position salary & not hourly.

The Cons- being on call 24/7 dealing with more sensitive issues like Rape & Death notices. time away from Liv.

I had a talk with Liv today telling her about possibly switching from Part time to full time and how I would be coming home later like her friends Mommies. She is not crazy about the idea, but I know she will adjust. I think I am going to get this job... I really do. I have done all I can.. just waiting for a phone call confirming what my gut already knows. If it is meant to be, it will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment