Monday, May 20, 2013

Ouch



I have had troubles with ingrown toenails since I was a kid.. they come & go and I can usually just do what my Grandmother taught me ( she was a nurse)... I would stuff a little cotton under the offending nail and it worked. When I started my outdoor running in May they really began to give me a problem and I woke up one day and it looked infected... it had never been that bad before. Yesterday I saw a podiatrist and had the ingrown sections removed ( ouch)... she told me that the anesthetic shot hurt more than the procedure so she did it without ( wtf!!) I would have liked the option. The doctor said I would be fine to exercise today, while it does not hurt per-say it is very tender & sensitive and starting bothering me as soon as I put on my shoe. I read somewhere to purchase mens shoes instead because they are roomier in the toe-box. Anyhow I did a 20 min walk and 20 min with weights.. I still managed a good sweat.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about your toes, but boy are those shoes cute :))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment