Monday, August 26, 2013

Improving

My outdoor pace is improving. I find it helpful to warm up on the treadmill and then just hit the pavement running right out the door. That way I stay moving. I stay on my street and near my house to stop back for water often. MY street is a mile long stretch. I don't know how people run w/o water breaks. Not sure how long I am actually running w/o stopping... I just know its longer than last week and that is fantastic. It is my goal to be able to do a mile without stopping. If I had to guess I would say I am doing 1/2 a mile now w/o stopping. I do have a nike app on the phone, but my phone is bulky and awkward to carry. I tell myself I will run to a specific house and then try to go a few houses past. The biggest struggle is just quieting that voice in my head telling me to stop and walk. Today I amazed myself at how much further I could go when I pushed myself past those moments of wanting to walk. I can't say I love running... I don't love it, but I do love the way I feel afterwards. I just feel alive.



I have been doing good at my new job. I have been there nearly 2 months. However One of my programs is out of money.. so twice a week I just answer phones and am a " body" in the office for eight hours... I have offered to cut my hours during the dry spell, but they insist on having me in the office... not going to lie.. that sucks. I like being busy and just farting away the day drives me bonkers. I look for things to do, but when there is no work... its really hard. Hopefully that is short lived. I should not complain.. I have a job... Wednesday's and Fridays are just really hard.... I hate feeling unproductive. I hope new money comes soon. Tuesdays & Thursdays are spent working my other program which is doing great... so I get a reprieve from my boredom.


It was a hot day today to run... I made a tasty pumpkin smoothie for lunch... yummo.


role call.... so who is still reading this blog?

4 comments:

  1. I'm here! I'm with you on being busy at work. I have TOO much to do at home to sit here if I'm not busy :)

    I'm jealous of your running. I bagged it for now but have settled into walking. I can read while I walk on the treadmill and that actually makes me look forward to it. It's something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing wrong with walking......you can still get a great workout

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm here, as much as I can be! I check in when I have some free time. Glad to see you're doing so well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment