Monday, August 26, 2013

Pumpkin pie smoothie




My fav smoothie so far... a little backstory.. I love, love, love.. anything pumpkin... Pumpkin pie with plenty of whipped cream or ice cream is my very fav dessert. In fact I usually make a pie in the fall and have it for breakfast daily. This smoothie did not disappoint. It was so tasty and just what I needed today for lunch.


I had some eggs on sat morning.. Liv and I split a greasy spoon breakfast of eggs, hashbrowns and bacon and then my gall bladder stated acting up. Looks like I really need to avoid eggs... they seem to bring on gall bladder issues as does red meat.



283 calories, 7 gram fat, 14 gram protein, 8 gram fiber, 29 sugar



6 oz unsweetened almond milk

1/4 cup frozen pumpkin ( I just scoop out portions into freezer bags)

1 scoop vanilla whey powder

1/2 teaspoon flax ( working my way up to adding more flax)

1 tablespoon maple syrup

1 tablespoon vanilla pudding dry mix ( really thickens up the smoothie, worth the extra cals)

4 ice cubes

1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice



I think I will try to forgo the maple syrup next time... or add less.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment