Friday, October 12, 2012

Measuring up

current measurements- 10/12/12

Bust-
widest part- 38 band 34

waist-

smallest part 33 navel 36

Hip- 39.5

bicep-12

neck- 13.5 ( my neck has not lost inches and I am ok with that..lol)

I basically lost 2 inches everywhere in the past five months- does one add up the inches for a grand tally?


12 lbs , 8 total inches, 1 dress size- awesome progress achieved in the past five months and ofcourse the intangible rewards of being in better shape


I was thinking the other day as I am often prone to do.... what is the most important element of this journey... the food changes or the exercise? I think it's the food... the complicated relationship that we all have with food... especially with the Holidays approaching, the celebrating,our emotional ties to eating, etc... changing the way I have eaten is the biggest step and probably 80% of the key... While I have made great changes, whole grains, fresh veggies & fruit, lean protein and have given up fast food... 80% of my eating is clean & healthy now... but I still love my sugar/snacky stuff. Little 100 calorie packs of cookies/crackers.. fun size candy bars. I have not made a clean break from the sugar.... for now I am ok with that. I have made awesome lifestyle changes that will benefit my whole family.



as for the exercise I am hooked.....it still takes dedication, it's not easy.... but I do it every morning and feel better going about my day knowing that I put myself first. Today is my day off and I sit here in my workout clothing already, I change into them first thing.. a little trick to make myself get in there and do it... on days off when i have more time its too easy to lolly gag and put it off.... but once I am in my workout gear I am more likely to get my butt in gear.

Off I go to workout and then enjoy a Mommy/Daughter day since Liv has the day off of school.






1 comment:

  1. Woo-hoo!! You are just living proof of all the good advice I've ever heard. The fact that you feel better and seem to be more confident and content comes through in every post.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment