Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Decide.Commit.Succeed, it works!

am weight- 135

 

John recently fessed up to me that he thought this all was a phase and that I would last a few weeks and then stop. He said he is proud of my commitment. He said he can't believe that I get up every-morning and workout. John now wants to purchase a bike, I keep telling him that we have an entire home gym that he is welcome to use... 3 cardio machines and an array of weights from 2- 20 lbs, kettle ball, curl bar, swiss ball.  I told him that this is a new way of life for me and I never plan on stopping. I hope that my fitness goals & routine will only grow & change. I also believe that it is 80% dietary changes.



Today was a hard motivation day... school was closed because of  Hurricane Sandy weather, many local roads were closed due to trees down and flooding and I decided to take a personal day to stay home. We are very lucky to have power, many in our area are without. So my typical morning routine had changed and I had to drag myself to do my workout. I so wanted to curl on the couch. I was feeling cranky, cold and blah!!!!. I started with negative thinking and was so close to not doing it. Today was probably the hardest day of all since I started this new way of being, to dig deep for the motivation.  I hopped on My Fitness Pal and posted on my wall and a fitness friend offered me the encouragement I needed. Also reading success stories help to motivate me.


 Decide, commit, succeed.... not working out is just not an option, unless I am Ill or injured. Every step, every good food choice, every workout.. counts! it matters, I matter!!! I mustered the motivation and did my workout.  I feel so good about that. Liv actually worked out with me today, she walked on the treadmill and I used the elliptical, Then we stretched and did some weights- she has her own little 2,3,4 lb dumbbells.My highlight was when she said " Woah Mama... your arm muscles look so good when you do that exercise". I am happy to be setting a healthy example for my little girl.

 

 

I do think I need to change things up a bit, challenge my body in new ways... when we get our DVD player working I may try some of the beach body program. Our dvd player is so old that it does not have a port for the hdmi cable we purchased. Time for an upgrade.

how do you stay motivated?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment