Wednesday, October 3, 2012

week 20

All is well over here- in the past 20 weeks I have only missed 2 workouts, one for a sinus headache and one while recovering from my root canal. I am really proud of my consistency and progress working out five days a week like clockwork. The other day I noticed I was only 1 lb away from my goal weight and it was not about the scale anymore. I was happy to see 134 on the scale, but I am far more invested in just being healthy & strong. A few of those lbs was from not being able to eat sufficient calories when I was in pain.  If I could say anything to myself 20 weeks ago or to anyone just starting out.... I would say be patient... just keep doing it, be consistent in working out, start small & add on as you feel stronger, challenge yourself, keep making smart choices with your diet.. all those small changes add up and soon you will feel & see the rewards.

I never want to go back to the old way I was living. I think I have found balance now in my healthy living and that is a beautiful thing. This week I fit into my old size 10's.. that was a nice moment. My thermometer jeans which were to small to even button but they now fit perfectly.I have rubbed off on Liv, she is reading labels and very aware of sugar content now. I always want to set a healthy example for her. so yeah.. Life is feeling really good. I can't believe it has been three years this month since I returned to work and went from SAHM to career woman.


I am going to take some measurements & pics soon.. I am still not done with my journey.. I still want to firm up & lose fat and get into a size 8.. this is a lifelong thing. You will see me on here in 20 more weeks with week 40 updates.


have you started your healthy journey yet? what week are you on?

My week 20 reward was supposed to be a massage... but I want new fall clothes more than I want a massage... so I finally bought some clarks shooties I had been coveting forever. I hope they come in the mail today.



1 comment:

  1. Yeah! That is incredible! Keep it up! I have just started. It is so hard at the beginning!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment