Wednesday, October 24, 2012

week 23

My weight this morning 136-



My knee is healing.. thank goodness. It is mostly healed but I am taking it very easy so as not to re-injure myself, I only did weights on monday. I have a hard time getting my heart rate up with just weights. I am just so used to doing 30 min of cardio & 30 min of weights. Doing just weights takes some adjustment. I really felt it in my upper body the next day. I am def addicted to that running high. I like to be breathing heavy & dripping in sweat to feel as though I really had a good workout. Tues & today I did 30 min on the elliptical at the lowest program... still broke a sweat..... something is better than nothing.


Tomorrow I am just going to do weights and rest my knee again since It's still a tad sore and then I will do the elliptical on friday. I am choosing the elliptical over my treadmill as it is supposed to be gentler on the body, less impact. I really like doing cardio 5 days a week, but I  have been thinking about dropping to a maintenance schedule of 3 days a week cardio and 2 days a week weights for the winter.



I fit into a size 8 dress recently...woot!!!! very excited about that.I am going to see my endocrinologist this friday and am eager to see if the healthy choices/changes I have made have had any impact on my thyroid or if I need an adjustment in my dosage. I am only three lbs away from my original weight loss goal of 133 lbs, I still want to meet that goal.. but I am not to worried about it. I am building so much muscle now and I know that I be at a different weight.... it's more about how I look & feel in my own skin than a number in my head.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment