Thursday, October 18, 2012

week 22

All is well over here..weighed in at 138 this morning- feeling healthy & fit... I still have a bunch of body fat I would like to lose and it's time to take my weight lifting to the next level and up my weights.Today I was running in the rain pushing a grocery cart and my size 12 pants fell down.. lol... time to visit a tailor for sure. I am saving for a fall/winter shopping spree.

Still doing my fitness thing 5 days a week- I am very dedicated to my exercise. Wouldn't it be nice if I could be as equally dedicated at giving up Sugar?. Baby steps :)  If i am in a time crunch- I do 30 min of cardio ( running 2.5-3 miles on the treadmill or elliptical) and 5 minutes stretching, but I try to do 30 min of cardio and 30 min of weight three days a week and just cardio the other two days so I can recover. I have loosely adapted the female body revolution and new rules of lifting for women to create my own little routines. I drink a whey protein shake with 1% milk  for breakfast on the days I lift as well. I am hardly as sore as I used to get now that I drink those shakes.. I don't know if it placebo or just the fact that drinking protein right after a w/o helps repair muscle. It was an easy, tasty change to adapt to and I get coupons online and snag the protein powder for a steal.

 I do a really, really good  job for my main meal choices...pretty clean & green, usually around 300 calories per meal and one of the following items.

 6 am -morning pre- workout snack- nutrigrain bar, 90 calorie nature valley granola slim bar, kashi bar - 100 cal & 3 grams of fat is what I try to keep this snack to.

8/9 am- breakfast- greek yogurt or flax oatmeal or omelet or protein shake

10 am- work snack- almonds, fruit, 100 cal mini yogurt, sugar free jello, 100 calorie pouch of fig newtons- again I try to keep this around 100 calories.

12 lunch- big salad with veggies & turkey or turkey wrap with veggies on whole wheat  tortilla w/ baked chips on the side, or a cup of progresso light soup & crackers or  lean cuisine in a pinch.

3 pm snack- this is where I get into trouble.. I am usually starving... and home... I have access to Liv's snacks. I have been sneaking Halloween candy i purchased for our party- only one here and there.. but I wish I had not bought them so early.

5 dinner- tilapa, chicken, chicken sausage, lean beef, pork- along with fresh veggies, salads, frozen veggies- small amount of carbs like whole grain pasta, rice or roasted potatoes.

7pm snack-  I try to have a big mug of herbal tea and a fake out cookie- like a graham cracker lightly spread with peanut butter, or a half of a 100 calorie bagel toasted & lightly spread with cream cheese, or a mini bag of popcorn which is very filling. skinny cow ice cream sandwiches are another fav- but loaded with sugar.

even with my errant snacking ways- I rarely go over my daily calorie limit which is 1400 to 1700 depending on how active I was that day. I am always over my daily sugar allowance... so I am still working on ways to cut out the sugar. All those low fat snacks are loaded with sugar.








Add caption

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment