Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Week 47- arms

am weight 138

It takes work to change the shape of your arms.........WORK!!!!! I am not where I want to be yet... but I am working on it and hope to be there soon...... it did not help that my arms were pretty thick to begin with. It's a hereditary thing.. like I said I am petite in stature but not small boned. I come from hearty stock.  See attached picture where I am posing with my Mom on our family camping trip in June. I was just a few weeks in at that point. I am working so hard on shaping up my arms so that this is the year I wear a tank top with confidence.


My arm routine is using 5,8, 10 and 15 lb weights and a medium resistance band. I usually work my arms 3 days a week for about 15 minutes or so.I have injured my upper body more than anything (  upper back, shoulders, forearms,elbow).... My elbow is still not right.... but it is getting better. 10 lbs is to light, but 15lbs is to heavy..etc... I usually don't find that out until after I strained something and over did it. So I take time off, heal and then start up again.. but then I am nervous about getting hurt again. They tell you to increase your weights slowly and I have a decent selection of weights and a weight bench... what I need is the in-between weights of a set of 12 lb dumbbells

My weight was 138 this morning.. I nearly fell off the scale in shock... but who knows why? I am killing it with my workouts. Today I did  1 hour of cross training ( 30 elliptical, 15 treadmill and then 15 min of weights). I have been eating well but nothing too cray cray..... I can always improve. I count every morsel I consume on MFP . It could be anything... not letting it get me down.

how are your arms? ready for spring?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment