Tuesday, April 30, 2013

keeping it real

I had a big cheesy slice of pepperoni pizza for dinner tonight.... I should have snapped a pic to post to show you all that I am human and eat more than salads. I was too hungry to grab the camera. My food diary is open & public on My Fitness Pal.. my MFP name is Momtobe06.  Liv ( my 8 year old daughter) has become very invested in my fitness journey this past year...she & John are so supportive. I have been trying to use it as a teachable moment to show her a healthy body role model and we have had so many discussions about healthy choices and living a balanced life. Enjoying treats in moderation and exercising because its good for our hearts.. She loves looking at my before & after pics. She is very interested to learn how I got myself that way. I explained that I did not even realize it, but before i knew it all my bad choices caught up with me and the extra fat had grown around my organs before showing up everywhere. I explained how one day I looked at a picture of myself and then realized how unhealthy I had become. I explained how fast food now & then is fine, treats are fine, but that I was eating too much of it before and now I am making healthier choices. Liv is very impressionable... I refuse to use words like " diet, fat, skinny, perfect".. I will not degrade myself or put myself down.. I may think it... but she has never heard me say it..ever.. I am very proud of that and I take my job as her role model very seriously. I instead say " healthy, unhealthy, fit, in shape, choices "... she will lift up her shirt and say " I'm so skinny right Mama?".. I cringe at that inside but tell her that she is an active healthy eight year old... tall & lean. I explain that God created people in all different shapes & sizes and I just want to be as healthy as I can be.. just the way God intended for me to be. She is my biggest cheer leader and my biggest reason for wanting to be in the best shape possible.I must be rubbing off on her because when glancing at family photos she matter of factly pointed out that " so & so sure is carrying around some extra weight". I could not have said it better myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment