Thursday, September 6, 2012

Fake out salad

- blog is public for a minute

Back in the day one of my fav restaurant salads was the crispy chicken salad w/ house Ranch. You basically take a healthy salad, top it with cut up fried chicken strips, cheese and house ranch. I knew it was not the healthiest salad... but Hey it's salad? until you look at the nutrition info and faint chick fila crispy chicken salad- 700 cal 53 gm fat- numbers include the ranch dressing packet.



Here is my version of that salad

romaine mix lettuce
3/4 boca burger meatless chicken patty
generous sprinkling of cheddar cheese
cukes/grape tomatoes/red onion
1.5 oz of Kens steakhouse lite ranch dressing


under 300 calories, 14 fat ( numbers include 1.5 oz of Kens lite ranch dressing)

Still just as yummy... much healthier. I could do a fat free ranch and make it even lighter... but I prefer the taste of a light dressing with a little Fat then a FF one.










2 comments:

  1. How is the Boca chicken patty??? I am scared to try something like that. No meat? eeek! :)

    Next week - it is on! I am back on counting calories and heading back to the gym.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I prefer Morning star Farms brand for meatless items... I love their veggie corn dogs. This was my first time trying the chicken... not 100% pleased with it..but doable in a salad... I will finish the package. I won't buy the Boca chicken patties again.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment