Monday, September 10, 2012

Dinner

Frozen Parm crusted oven baked tilapa, fresh sauteed green beans with a dab of butter & bacon bit, glass of Pinot Grigio. I should have also made myself a salad or some brown rice... this dinner felt very light. Those frozen Tilapa fillets are a time saver and so delicious. They are sold under the brand treasures of the sea and I believe available at walmart/big box stores- bj's, etc. I found them locally at marcs. This is a new addition to my diet, I typically don't eat much seafood besides albacore tuna in my salads. Trying to change things up and keep it interesting. I liked that these were still breaded.. but doable in calories & fat. The plain fish does not look appealing to me.

Do you like seafood?

-this meal not including the wine, but including the 1/2 pat of butter was 278 calories and 11 grams fat.


3 comments:

  1. Looks Delish! Its amazing how much we over eat just by not paying attention to portion sizes!

    And just so you know, you are inspiring me, BIG TIME! :) Thanks for the motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth-

    Thanks for your comment.. good luck on your fitness journey

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep a package of those talapia in the freezer at all times for those nights I need a low maintenance, relatively quick dinner. :)

    Our fav fish around here is to take a salmon fillet, rub on a little bit of olive oil, sprinkle with Garlic Powder and Seasoned salt, a thick sprinkling of dry dill and a couple tablespoons of grated parmesan cheese and then bake at 350 for about 34 minutes. Sooo good!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment