Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Ouch


I have been kinda blindly weight lifting... just doing 12-15 reps, 1 set each. Focusing on exercises that I am familiar with from my years of doing the Firm. The Classic Firm is still my fav exercise video of all time..My vhs copy is very used and hardly works anymore.It's a dated w/o but oh so efficient. Isolation exercises.. with 5,10,15 lbs weights- bicep curls, tricep kick back, french press, pec flys,shoulder press, bent curls and the 15 lbs are for lat rows.. because lats can take heavy weight.


I feel like a need a little more direction in the weight lifting department. Goals and a plan.  I am waiting on a book from the library.. New rules of lifting for women. I have read a few blogs and reviews and basically it's more whole body movements w/ heavy  weights such as squats. I am trying to add weights 3 days a week now. I am not afraid of weights at all.. not worried about bulking up. I am all for embracing my muscles.

I used my new weight bench/weights on Monday...kicking it up a notch to 2 sets of 12-15 reps for each exercise... boy am I  feeling it today big time in my triceps.  I even tried upping my weight on some exercises from 10-15 lbs.. 15 is too heavy yet while 10 feel to easy.. maybe I need 12 lbs??. I tried my new kettle ball as well. Did some squats & swings. I need to print out more exercises as this is a new type of weight for me.

My husband is so funny.. because I work out with weights, he expects me to be able to carry a stove or some equally heavy object down the stairs.. he is all " well you lift weights dontcha?? "..... he won't ask a buddy for help. I say to him.. yes I workout.. but I'm not the hulk.

Do you use weights?


The killer move has my ab's so sore... no other workout in the past 16 weeks has worked my core like this one

Prone Jackknife


Grab a Swiss ball and get in pushup position with your shins resting on the ball and your palms flat on the floor, shoulder-width apart (A). Pull your knees toward your chest, allowing your hips to rise toward the ceiling and your head to tilt toward the floor. Stop when your toes are on the ball and most of your weight is on your hands (B). Straighten your legs to roll the ball back to start. That's 1 rep.


I find it difficult to get my shins on the ball with my arms on the floor.. they keep rolling to the side, so I just lay on the ball and roll myself forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment