Thursday, September 6, 2012

Week 16- bring on the weights

All is well over here... still going strong.  My total weight loss has been 9 lbs. Even though when I began I hoped to lose 1-2 lbs a week,I am still thrilled with my progress. Everybody and every body is different and I know I am working hard. I can see the results & I feel better overall. It takes time to make big changes.


I am reading the Female Body breakthrough by Rachel Cosgrove and am considering taking on the challenge of more serious weight lifting. For me keeping up with this new lifestyle is not so much about motivation but strategy. I like having a plan and a goal to work towards. The weight lifting plan urges one to forgo cardio... that is the only caveat I can find..i like cardio. So we will see how it goes. I need to finish the book before I begin. The fitness plan breakdown seems a little confusing at this point. I don't want to start until I have a good understanding of what I am doing.

I have noticed that I am relaxing a bit with my diet...still eating whole grains/salads/fruit.. but allowing   myself a small portion of treat foods as well... candy at the movies, a few tater tots, etc. I have not had any fast food in the past 4 months...and if I did go with Family- I got salad or something off the healthy menu choices. I know one splurge will not ruin me. I am accountable for everything I eat in my food journal and I am sometimes I actually eat my exercise calories back and still losing weight ( slowly).

I will keep you all posted on the book





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment