Monday, September 10, 2012

heavy reading



I am planning on starting this new strength training plan from the books pictured.. it is a 16 week plan and I am going to dedicate myself to 4 weeks and see how it goes. First off I need to make copies of the plans & exercises to tape to my exercise room walls. I have most of the equipment at home, weights, swiss ball, kettle ball, etc... I will just have to skip the exercises that require the chin ups, cable pulleys, etc. I am still reading the book and while I have not officially begun the program I have started upping my weights and I am so sore today. I was doing15 lbs on the lat row  and that is easy to complete the whole set,  upping it to 20 lb was to much since I am in pain today  The books really don't say how much to lift other than Women lift less than capable and to push yourself. You need to slowly increase the weight.

The Authors need to number and letter everything got confusing.  These workouts seem complex and are always changing week to week. There are 15 secrets and 14 workout principles. There are workouts A and B for weeks 1&2, 3-8, and 9-16. Within workout A for weeks 1&2, there are exercises called 1A, 1B, 2A, 2B, 3A, 3B, 4A, and 4B. Within workout B for weeks 1&2, there are also exercises called 1A, 1B, 2A, 2B, 3A, 3B, 4A, and 4B, but they are completely different exercises. The problem is repeated for the next two sets of workouts A and B. Then you get to the metabolic exercises, which has a whole set of 1A, 1B, 1C, 1D, 2A, 2B, 2C, and 2D exercises.

The other thing the book is very much anti-scale and more for measuring. They recommend getting a pair of thermometer jeans- 2 sizes smaller than what you currently wear and using those to show your progress as you work your way to fitting into them. They warn that while you may go from a size 12-6 and lose fat.. you may gain weight or stay the same weight. That is hard to wrap my head around.. but I do want to really change my body and not just be a smaller version of the same old body.

we will see.. I am hoping to start on monday.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment