Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Fast food



I have been busy at work and had not had a chance to do some shopping. In the past I may have swung through a fast food chain and picked up burgers & fries, but now I  run into the grocery store grab a cooked chicken and a bag of salad.. this was Fresh Express strawberry fields spinach salad, I added red onion & mushrooms. Liv is so used to eating dark greens that she will usually eat spinach, however she likes it to be mixed with romaine. I also whipped up some instant rice and now we are just waiting for John to get home to eat. John & I will enjoy the chicken breast- skinless, while Liv loves the legs, wings and thighs.

I use the left over chicken for my salad the next day and make Liv chicken salad sandwiches.

what's your healthy fast food?

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide

4 comments:

  1. That's funny - we just had the Kroger rotisserie chicken today too! Love the ease of that.
    If I ever do go to McDonalds as a treat to the kids, I usually get the oatmeal. It looks small, but is decently filling. And they serve it all day. I think it's 290 calories and has fiber. Have some fruit at home and you're good to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracy

    I had no idea McDonald's served oatmeal all day.. good to know as another option since I don't love the salads they offer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those chickens are lifesavers!
    Happy to be following along, tx for the invite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Wendy's and Chick-fil-a's salads. My husband is a stay at home dad so we rarely get fast food unless we're on the road. Quick meals at home are salads with leftover meat chopped to top them or in a real pinch, oatmeal.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment