Wednesday, August 8, 2012

week 12- uggh

 week 12

Today is the first day in 3 months that I have missed a workout. That crushes me a little. I was experiencing a horrible sinus headache/head cold since the weekend that had my ears blocked up and left me in pain & dizzy. I was so bummed, but have been on the couch all day.. taking pain relievers & sudafed and praying for some relief.

I know it's not that big of a deal to skip a w/o..... just the same as having a treat now & then. I am proud of my commitment and I even put my w/o clothes on, thinking I would soldier through a quick cardio session. Oh well.. I will workout on Saturday to make up for today. Working out is a part of my routine now and it's how I start my day, it still takes motivation & dedication... but I feel so good when I am done. I feel a sense of accomplishment.


So I was thinking that once I am done with C25k, I may tackle B210k... I like having a goal to work towards. I like the challenge and I am sad that C25k is just about over. When I started week 1, I could not run for 30 seconds before getting winded, and now I am doing 3 miles. A slow 3 miles ( 4.8 or 5 mph, with fast 6 mph  interval sprints here & there)... but I am doing it. I am still retraining on the C25k outdoors..only once a week... because running outside is really not my thing. Is there an indoor treadmill 5 k I can enter?. I find outdoor running is much more taxing on my body and my endurance running outside is not up to par with running on the treadmill. So perhaps once I am able to run 3 miles w/o stopping outside.. I will move on to  signing up for a 5k and then start training with the B210k program.












2 comments:

  1. Funny - About the 5K treadmill running :) I did my 2.5 the other night with my hubby, and truely couldn't keep up the pace. I finished it but my average speed wasn't anywhere near what I have been doing on the treadmill. I signed up for my first 5K run the weekend after my triathlon - so no turning back now. 3 weeks to get this body to "just do it"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so confident that I could easily transition from treadmill to outdoor running... wrong!!!!I won't sign up for a 5k until my outdoor skills improve.

    Good luck on your Triathlon.. you inspire me

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment