Wednesday, August 29, 2012

week 15

Today's weight 139- seems to be fluctuating between 139-141, today was only the second day I saw 139 since I posted that picture last week.
Success is not some glorified thing that happens to you one day. Instead, it’s the accumulation of the little things that add up that make the difference. In order to have a successful year, you need to have successful months. In order to have a successful month, you need to have some successful weeks. For a successful week, you need to have some successful days. And in order to have a successful day, you need to have some successful hours. It may not seem like what you do in the next hour will make much difference. But you can’t have a successful year unless you start right now by having a successful hour. You must start today by making the little changes that set you up for great success later. It’s the only way to get ahead in life. The changes that you make do not have to be big changes. In fact, the littler the changes the better. Just make little change after little change and eventually they will turn into big changes.

Week 15 finds me tired.... I did so much yard work this weekend... so I don't really feel like I got my typical R&R time. I  trimmed all the bushes... all 10 of them, our hedge trimmer is heavy and vibrates my whole upper body when I use it and it requires a lot of reaching when I use it. I pulled weeds, tended to my garden. This record hot summer has really caused us me to neglect our yard. John won't do anything around the yard except mow and that is really hard to get him to do. He despises yard work and would tear out everything growing and cement the whole lot if I let him.

I am running three days a week and working out on the elliptical two days a week, doing upper body & abs as well. All is well in the exercise department. It's a habit now. I realized that I have a problem with sugar... switching to whole grains... you bet... eating more fruits & veggies... no problem..giving up fast food...done.. drinking tons of water... all the time... staying within my caloric guidelines... easy peasy...but I crave sugary snacks... rice krispie treats/fig newtons/fiber one brownies/ Liv's fruit snacks/skinny cow ice cream treats- any  lower fat/cal sweet thing I can get my sticky sugar coated little hands on. Sugar is my vice for sure. If you look at my food dairy in MFP... my main meals are perfectly balanced & healthy.. I have a snack at 6 am prior to my w/o, a snack at 3pm and usually a snack at 7pm and then I am done for the night.


I am doing ok on the  portion size,calories & fat since I am choosing healthier low fat snacks... but I am going over my limit on sugar... I need to work on that. I think that cutting out the sugar will boost my fat loss goals. I am trying to figure out what low sugar snacks I can have instead but I am having a difficult time breaking up with sugar.. it's complicated.

what's your vice? sweet? salty? fast food?

2 comments:

  1. For a low sugar snack, I really enjoy a square or two of extra-dark chocolate. I usually buy Ghiradelli Chocolate Midnight Reverie, which is 86% chocolate. Both Lindt and Scharffen Berger make 85% bars, and they are good too. I actually now greatly prefer extra-dark chocolate to 'normal' chocolate. It's just so rich and, well, chocolatey! All those antioxidants are good for you too. Nutrition stats for 2 squares of Midnight Reverie are Calories: 125, Fat: 12.5g, Carbs: 12.5g, Protein: 1.5g

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you.. I will try that. I enjoy dark chocolate and so does Liv.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment