Sunday, August 19, 2012

Tarot Reading

caution this post contains info on tarot cards- I am very open to metaphysical stuff, but I realize that not everyone is. If this type of stuff is not your cup of tea, you may want to skip this post. 



So I have been feeling at a crossroads with my marriage... conflicted... a big part of me obviously wants to stick with my better/worse- sickness/health vows, after all I do love my husband. Another very small part of me wants to separate... now. I am at a crossroads but unwilling to make a choice... so I stay put... praying for clarity and trying to make things better.

Early yesterday when preparing for the day I thought of checking out a shop I had never been to to get a tarot reading, for some odd reason I felt a strange urge to do so.  Instead I head to a street festival with the Fam and the first shop we happen into, John actually pointed it out. I see a sign that a reader is in. It just felt right. I have never had a reading before. John takes Liv to the kidszone and I have my 20 min reading. The reader does a 3 month general health/money/job spread and then allows me other questions.

I asked about my marriage- I pick six additional cards... the first card is a 2 of swords which depicts a blindfolded woman with two swords crossed and the explanation for that card fit me to a T.
The Two of Swords is a card of choice and of the difficulty of making a decision. The woman in this card is blindfolded, and this may be intentionally so, indicating that she is avoiding making a very difficult decision. Her state of calm and relaxation may be indicative that she is trying to avoid this important decision in order to bring about peace of mind. However, the decision must still be made. Therefore, the appearance of the Two of Swords indicates that you are currently being faced with a difficult decision but you are attempting to hide from it and pretending to yourself and others that if you ignore the decision long enough, it will go away of its own accord. However, the decision will not go away simply by your willing it to depart. Your conscience will eventually force you into facing your refusal to deal directly with the situation.
The Two of Swords therefore serves as a reminder that life’s decisions are frequently quite difficult and raise the possibility of painful consequences. However, you must “take the bull by the horns” and make your decisions with your best intentions, fully aware of the possible consequences. Avoidance will ultimately lead to a greater conflict.


 The Tarot reader said that there is love in our marriage.. but that we are not adding anything new to it... because of fiances & health. She told me that just from her advice to me... Woman to Woman..her Psychic 2 cents... that our marriage has enough love to save... that it's worth working at.

She went on to say that John needs to get his health issues checked out..pronto... he needs a colonoscopy, his circulation checked and his heart checked. He is low energy, not running on all cylinders and constantly worries about $$$. She said he was a hard nosed, good, generous Man... but his health issues are preventing him from being the husband he can be.  Again she/the cards were right. He is not well... has serious gastro issues, circulation issues and complains of chest troubles. I feel as if I am married to a 80 year old man. He won't go to the Dr. I have made him appointments, he goes once and won't follow up ( no insurance) I have urged him to go to the free clinic.... he won't.


It's frustrating trying to love a Man who does not love himself enough to take care of himself. I think I am scared of losing him, so I want to leave. That feels so cowardly to admit. I get tears just writing that. I don't think I realized before yesterday what was driving my desire to run. I get it now. He left a job with health insurance and when we were insured he still would not seek help. I think he is afraid of what he will find out. I am afraid he is going to leave me so I want to leave first.  I love him and want him to be healthy and take care of his medical concerns.... no matter what the expense. Speaking of the expenses, the reader said we may have an unexpected expense within the next three months that may stress me out a little.


If anything the reading just validated what I already knew and opened my eyes a little.


~ I did sit down and talk to John and relayed the entire reading, along with my honest concerns and light bulb moment behind the need to flee... he is going to try to work on his health issues. I am so lucky that I can talk to him about anything.

3 comments:

  1. Lauri -I am like your husband in that I have things I need to go to the dr about and I just am scared and won't do. I have to tell you that after reading this I made the appt and invited my husband to come with me for support. You opened my eyes to what he feels. He is so relieved that I made the appt. Thanks for your openness - it made me pick up the phone and think of him and my boys instead of just me and my fears.
    -Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather-

    I know it is scary...i have been putting off some dental stuff because of fear... so I get it. I have an appt next week. Good for you for facing it.. your husband & boys depend on you and want you healthy. Best of Luck at your medical appointment. I hope all is well.

    John however has still not made any appointments.. I often feel like giving him an ultimatum.

    Take care
    Lauri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marriage is so so hard! I wish I could click my fingers and make mine great too. I love my husband, but sometimes, it is very hard. Hang in there and I know you are a strong women, so anything you decide will be the best!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment