Tuesday, August 21, 2012

week 14



This has been a good week for me. I just feel really good in my skin. I still have work to do, goals to accomplish, but overall I feel great. I got my cholesterol checked at the health fair and I hoped that the last 14 weeks of clean healthier eating would have made a little dent and who knows.. maybe it did.. I do not have a recent number to compare. I have high cholesterol because of genetics and it's been high since my 20's. Also my medical condition causes high cholesterol.  My total number was 265, my hdl was 57 and my tc/hdl ratio was 4.6. In the past my cholesterol was always around 225- 270... just naturally that way... oh well.


I was feeling a little lost with having the c25k completed.. like I needed a goal to work towards.So i am training for a outdoor 5k , I found one that benefits a local school for children with Autism, it is held in October and I would really love to be ready to run that by then. I am only training outside one day a week, and running on the treadmill the rest of the time. Running 1/2 mile outdoors at this time is harder for me than running 3 miles on the treadmill.. I have some more work to do. I prolly should kick that up a notch to train 2X a week outside. I don't want to sign up for it until I feel confident that I can complete it.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment