Monday, August 6, 2012

Is eating healthy more expensive?

I think so... however many people do not agree with me. I am not saying the health benefits and payoff are not worth the extra expense. This is not an excuse to not shop for healthy choices.Maybe it is because I am shopping more frequently to stock up on fresh fruits & veggies. I really have not crunched the actual numbers... John is the numbers guy in this Family.

Here are the items that are more expensive in my neck of the woods

Greek yogurt versus any other yogurt

100% whole wheat bread versus plain ole white bread

Brown rice versus white rice

Anything remotely healthy is priced higher ( fiber one bars, whole wheat anything )

soy or almond milk versus dairy milk

dark leafy bag salads are more expensive than iceberg

Nuts in general- which I eat more of now, are expensive.


How about you?  what do you think?






1 comment:

  1. You are definetely right about this. There is research to show why alot of poor people are obese. That and the fact that alot of urban areas don't have easy convenient access to good grocery stores that have fresh produce. they are too poor to have a car so can't drive to access healthy foods.

    Also the outside aisles in the grocery store are the healthy aisles with real whole foods.

    Think about it...Dairy, Meats, and produce all on the outer aisles.

    Thanks for sending my invite again.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment