Saturday, August 11, 2012

What's for dinner?


This is a go to dish that Liv and I like. The pre-cooked meatballs are great to have on hand and this meal comes together in a jiffy.


1)Barilla whole wheat/whole grain pasta ( high in fiber & protein)
2)fresh mushrooms, onions, zucchini, garlic, paula deen house seasoning and usually fresh spinach ( we were out)any fast cooking veggies work- we like adding peppers too
3)a tablespoon of evoo and a smidge of butter- I don't know why but I like adding both.. I am sure just one would work.
4)alfrescos chicken meatballs or we use chicken sausage- Liv loves the meatballs.
5) Parm cheese
directions- boil pasta, in a different pan saute the veggies and brown the meatballs, add the pasta and top with parm.

Prior to the healthy changes I would have made a heavy alfredo sauce to top this that Liv loves, but I find that just sprinkling it with parm satisfies her need for cheese and is much healthier in the long run. I am really lucky that Liv is not a picky eater, I don't know if the picky eating trait is something that can be nipped in the bud or not. She has been encouraged to keep tasting & trying. She eats all veggies.. she loves mushrooms & zucchini & fresh spinach. She adores guacamole.


do you have a picky eater or a healthy eater?

2 comments:

  1. When you use both butter and evoo, you increase the burn temp for the butter, making it better for higher heat sautéing. See, you're a natural genius!

    My guys eat whatever you give them. They naturally steer towards vegetarian diets, but will eat meat. My three year old will ask for "a salad with leaves please" for dinner. I love that! They will also eat a bucket load of McDonald's chicken nuggets if provided... I think they lace them with crack!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good to know about butter & evoo...I may remember seeing that on a cooking show

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment